CLP Classification & SDS Writing Workshop
- Relevant regulations & their scope: REACH, CLP, DPD, DSD, Transport Regulations, Detergents, Biocides, Aerosols, GHS.
- Identifying data sources & their limitations: Harmonised Classifications, REACH Registration Dossiers, CLP Notifications, Suppliers’ SDS, Occupational exposure limit values, SVHCs, Market Restrictions
- Classification Criteria for Substances & Mixtures for the following endpoints (Supply & Transport):
Flammable aerosols, Flammable Liquids, Flammable Solids, Oxidizing Properties, Metal Corrosion, Acute Toxicity, Skin Corrosion/Irritation, Eye damage/irritation, Sensitisation, Mutagenicity, Carcinogenicity, Reproductive Toxicity, STOT SE, STOT RE, Aspiration Toxicity, Environmental Toxicity.
- Selection of P statements
- SDS Requirements – Identifying what information needs to go into each section of the SDS, and checking consistency
- Additional labelling requirements – aerosols, detergents, etc.
- Supply and Transport labelling requirements and options for combination.
Practical classification exercises are a key element of the workshop. Students are also encouraged to have their own mixture data available for classification exercises.