Next Classroom Course starts: 12th January 2021
To qualify as a DGSA in Ireland candidates must sit an exam administered by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) at which they are required to demonstrate their ability to understand, interpret and apply the ADR transport regulations. In preparation for the exams most candidates will need to participate in a DGSA training course. In the current climate of social distancing, ChemHaz Solutions offer a choice of on-line DGSA courses – on-line classroom or self- study courses.
On-line Classroom DGSA Course
In response to the need for social distancing, ChemHaz Solutions are proud to introduce our on-line Classroom DGSA Training Course. This five-day course runs on Tuesdays and Fridays, spaced over a three week period. The course is delivered via GoToMeeting which enables fully interactive screen sharing and voice and video conferencing. While retaining most of the attributes of traditional classroom courses this platform offers the following additional benefits:
- Guarantees that students can study in a totally safe environment at their own computer
- Avoids travel and accommodation costs associated with attending a traditional classroom course
- Enables courses to be spread over a three week period, thus avoiding the stress of information overload that may be experienced on intensive week-long courses
DGSA Course Content
The core DGSA course material is delivered via PowerPoint presentations covering the following topics
- General Philosophy
- Classification Criteria
- Identification: Selection of UN Numbers & Proper Shipping Names from the Dangerous Goods List
- Containment systems: Types, packaging codes, construction and testing requirements
- Selection and use of containment systems: General packaging requirements, packaging and tank instructions, mixed packaging
- Labeling and Marking
- Loading unloading
- Vehicle Crews: training, equipment & operation
- Vehicles: construction & inspection requirements
- Exemptions (ADR): activities, load thresholds, Special Provisions, Excepted Quantities, Limited Quantities, Excepted Packages
- Duties of Participants
- Other provisions: Training Requirements, Security provisions, Tunnel restrictions, DGSA function, accident reports
- National Legislation: Competent Authorities, Enforcement measures & penalties, national exemptions
- Exam tips, examiners comments, level of information required.
DGSA Course Materials
Before starting a course students will be provided with a set of DGSA Course notes, a copy of the Irish consolidated regulations and the ADR books (if required). During the course students are expected to complete extensive practice exercises and a mock examination. Students will also have access to additional sets of model exam questions and the self -study version of the course to facilitate revision and further practice in advance of the exam.
€1,350 inclusive of ADR books
€1,200 without the ADR books
To book a course please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that students must separately register as a candidate on the CILT website in order to sit the DGSA exam – see www.cilt.ie for exam dates and further information.
Self-study DGSA Course
ChemHaz Solutions also offer an on-line self-study version of our DGSA Training Course. As a student on this course you can:
- Enjoy total flexibility – study at your own pace, anywhere, anytime
- Eliminate travel and accommodation costs associated with attending a traditional classroom course
- Minimise disruption to you regular work schedule
- Avoid the stress of information overload that may be experienced on intensive classroom courses
DGSA Course Content
The core DGSA course material is delivered over 14 hours of pre-recorded lectures covering the same topics as outlined above for the classroom course.
Additional DGSA Course Materials
The DGSA Course materials also include soft copies of the course notes, extensive practice exercises, three sets of model exam questions and exam tips that explain the level of information required, the importance of referencing, and examiner’s comments that highlight common pitfalls and errors. Soft copies of the ADR and Irish regulations can also be supplied for study purposes, but for the exam the student will require a hard copy of the ADR. A hard copy of the national regulations are also required in the exam, but it is practical to print these off from the soft copy. One to one tutor support is also available as necessary via phone, email or GoToMeeting.
Self-study DGSA Course Fee €600
DGSA Course Access
The DGSA course is stored on a password protected area of the ChemHaz Solutions website. Once the course fee is paid you will receive a password to gain full access to the course material.
To access your self study DGSA course click on the access button below or on the page sidebar – You will be asked to enter the password